Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Triathlete Magazine, September 1989 cover photo


This is a shot of my friend Tony Richardson, taken in early 1989, when I covered a triathlon in Cancun, Mexico. In this photograph, Tony was coming out of the water after the first leg of a race, and Triathlete used it as the September 1989 cover shot.
I wrote an article for Triathlete's May 2008 issue (the magazine's 25th-anniversary). The article is a retrospective of my time there as an editor (1986-1991). The current editors, probably dealing with space limitations, cut out what I considered an extremely important section about the top-five male athletes of those days. If anyone has an interest in reading the entire article, as I wrote it, e-mail me at RichardNGraham (at) Gmail.com, or just post a comment, and I'll send it to you.

No comments: